July 23, 2016

Birthday






First thing first, I want to thank all my FB friends and family for humbling me and making me a happy woman with your generosity.

The cakes, the abundant bouquet of flowers & balloons were sweet but sweeter than that were the thoughtfulness, the humbling words and the kindness you have all bestowed on me.

I can’t ask for more kindness and thoughtfulness from amazing group of people who have showered me with endearing words on my FB wall and through private messages on my special day.

I am truly blessed for making this connection with each and every one of you. Alas my only regret is that I don’t know you a lot of you in person, but life is full of surprises and may be one day.... :)

I tried to thank every one of you personally, (I hope I did not forget anyone) a task that I look forward to the day after. I look forward to it perhaps for a selfish reason of confirming how rich I am in friendship, a wealth beyond all the material wealth that it is worth a world to me.

While I was leaving each of you a little comment, I was hoping and praying that FB does not cut me off :) as on other occasions they notified me that I am abusing my privilege and commenting too much in way of 'thanks' and that is evidently not what FB is for :P But this time around they were nice to me, they even send me a birthday greetings ^_^

I must say despite some of the shortcomings of 'social media' that we all have acknowledged from time to time, the Facebook has been very good to me and for me. Some people say that the bond and friendship through social media platform is ‘virtual’, is ‘digital’, and somehow it is not "real". Alas for me that argument does not hold true. I know for the fact that I would be unable to connect to/know so many wonderful, diverse, intelligent, caring, versatile, knowledgeable, compassionate and open-minded people from all corners of the world in my lifetime if it wasn’t for Facebook.

Hence I am indebted to social media to have put me in contact with you. I am also indebted to each and every one of you who have enriched my life (90% enrichment capacity of a ‘Nuclear Love Bomb’ and thanks to FB with full long rage delivery system reaching every continents and nooks of crannies of the world.) ;)

So don’t forget my friends, we are all imminent threat to ‘hatred’, to ‘injustice’, to ‘disinformation & propaganda’, to ‘oppression’, to ‘bigotry & racism’, to ‘economic servitude’, to ‘inhumanity’, and to all and every hegemonic & demonic power in the world. What bonds us is our effortless practice to not only stay ‘human’ but to strive to be better human beings.

We are all Palestinians, Ukrainians, Syrians, Iraqis, Iranians, Lebanese, Egyptians, Libyans, Sudanese, Yemenis, Afghans, Pakistanis, South Africans, Cubans, Haitians, Kashmiris, Armenian and……We are voice of the voiceless. We should remain the color of water, human beings without boarders, without prejudices.

We ought to remain gender-less, free thinkers, and not bound to blind patriotism. We are citizens of the world and should reject being put in a single category. We all have faith and while some of us feel the need to practice different religions, some of us find it unnecessary, but at the end of the day I don’t think any of us object to peace and justice nor would any of us remain indifferent to oppression.

I think that is why we have found each other, that is why we have bounded, and that is how we gain strength through each other or at least that is my story and that is how I get my strength.

Once again thank you for making my day. <3


Soosan
July 23, 2016

Beautiful art from Joseph Cornell

No comments:

Post a Comment